I'm taking a turn to post during the Royal Decoy blog tour, and for this stop I wanted you to meet the princess's bodyguards. They're a big part of the story since we're dealing with assassins, rebels, and of course our decoy for the princess, Clare. Bodyguards are rather needed in this story!
I'm going to share a picture I used for inspiration while writing the bodyguards, and I'll share three things about each of them.
- He is the princess's lead bodyguard and the youngest captain in the history of Devendra.
- He believes that the only family that matters is the family you choose.
- He takes it upon himself to train Clare, the princess's decoy, in self-defense. (And she may have a hard time not staring at him sometimes...)
- He loves a good laugh and is a bit of a flirt (with a grin like that, you can't blame him!)
- He's best friends with Bennick, although when you hear the story of their first meeting, you'll wonder how that came about.
- He loves his long hair, which he usually wears in a ponytail. (You'll have to imagine that, because this picture doesn't have it. But this image perfectly captured his personality!)
- His childhood wish was to become a soldier; becoming one of the princess's bodyguards is a something he never would have imagined, but now he can't see himself doing anything else.
- Kindness is one of his defining traits.
- One of his favorite stories to tell is not about his own heroics, but a time when the princess actually saved his life.
- He's kind of like the fatherly figure in the group and is often the peace-keeper.
- He's been a royal bodyguard for many years, and some wondered why he wasn't given the position of the princess's lead bodyguard. (The truth is, he didn't want it, and he thought Bennick would do a better job.)
- He doesn't speak his mind often, but when he does his words are powerful.
- Sometimes described as a "bear of a man", Wilf is not one you want to cross.
- He has suffered tragedy, and it shows in every line on his gruff face.
- He was selected by Bennick even though the king--and Wilf--considered his career as a bodyguard to be over.
That's the lineup! Who are you most excited to meet in the book and learn more about? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments!
ROYAL DECOY is out on June 18th!
Pre-order the Kindle edition here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085299HQN
Add to Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/51585276-royal-decoy
Learn more about the blog tour here: https://www.heatherfrost.com/post/royal-decoy-blog-tour-schedule
A SERVANT blackmailed into becoming a princess’s decoy.
A BODYGUARD determined to keep her alive.
A PRINCE forced to execute his father’s brutal laws.
A PRISONER used to keep him compliant.
A WORLD on the brink of war.
In one horrible night, Clare goes from kitchen maid to royal decoy. She has three months to become the princess's perfect double so she can ensure her betrothal to an enemy prince. Desperate to survive, Clare throws herself into self-defense training, taught by her distractingly attractive bodyguard. The danger increases when a ruthless assassin begins stalking her, intent on ending the tenuous peace.
Across the northern mountains, Prince Grayson is his father’s ultimate weapon. He carries out the king’s harsh orders because the one person he cares about is his father’s prisoner. Grayson's silent obedience is tested when his father plans to exploit the marriage alliance between two of their greatest enemies. If Grayson submits, the blood of thousands will spill. If he resists, the girl who means everything to him will die.
The fate of Eyrinthia hangs in the balance. Some want peace. Some want war. All will be thrown into chaos.